Thursday, June 14, 2007

Plans – HA!

I hadn’t planned to blog today, but have got myself feeling rather stressed out, and need to let off a bit of steam. It’s turning into one of those weeks when everything seems stressful.

And a colleague is off work this week meaning that a chunk of their work and responsibility has landed on me, just when I felt I was getting on top of things. Every day I seem to be moving slightly further away from the goals I set myself this week.

I think I’m also going to have to accept the fact that I’m falling behind with St Petersburg. It’s half way into June and I don’t feel as if I’m progressing very well. I knew this would happen, and in some ways, I’m surprised it didn’t happen earlier, so I’m pleased to have made such a good start. I also know that because of holidays in July and my sister’s baby due in August, I’m unlikely to be able to keep up then either. I'm also sadly neglecting MTM and would love more time for it.

So, I’m going to accept it now and revise my stitching plans (again!). No pressure on myself to even attempt to keep up with St Pete. I may even take a complete break from it, even though I really am enjoying it!

The Mill Hill kits I’m stitching for DS’s teachers are nagging at me, and I don’t like the one I’m currently working on. I really don’t think it’s a good idea to be stitching while telling yourself how much you hate it. However, I will finish it. I may stop working on St Pete just so that I can finish it sooner.


So the revised plan, when I get round to it, is 2 weeks St Pete/2 weeks MTM per month. Weekends flexible as it's been quite nice to do something completely different at the weekend.


I spent no more than 30 mins on St Pete yesterday, but spent last night dreaming/worrying constantly about it and, for some strange reason, the story CDs my DS has been listening to (Terry Pratchett's Truckers read by Tony Robinson (seems to have cured DS of his obsession with the Hobbit!)).

Definately time to chill out!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear work is piling up. Don't worry about your stitching, it will all get done one day, just enjoy the time you do it :)

Sally said...

Hope things improve for you soon Lesley. Good luck with your new stitchy plans.

Deb said...

STRESS!!! It's the nuts!!! Sometimes you just have to take a break and lounge for a few days to re-create your inner spirit. Sounds like it's you time.
Hugs,
Deb

Julie said...

Hope your plans work for you Lesley. Life can get in the way sometimes, but as a friend reminded me, it is a hobby not a chore and should be enjoyed and not endured

Carla said...

sorry to read your stitching is not progressing as you planned.

Cheryl said...

It's hard stitching something you don't enjoy / like, makes for slow progress i find! Good luck with it all anyway. I definitely think you should join Donna's RR by the way ;)