Friday, July 20, 2007

End of the week

The end of this hectic week can't come fast enough! I've been covering at work for 3 colleagues across 2 departments who are either on holiday or off sick. And as if I dodn't have enough of my own stuff to do, and we've had external consultants in all week that I've had to look after!

In the evenings, when I've had the energy, I've been stitching on my RR which now looks like this.


This is Through the Woods by LHN. I'm really pleased with the progress I've made as I was struggling to get anything done when I started. I think I'll have to redo the French knots on the snowman as he looks rather cross-eyed! Or maybe it just adds character? I'm amending the design slightly to make it a bit narrower and longer, but there's no time to finish stitching it now.

I won't be stitching on it any more as there's too much going on between now and the posting date, so I'll be packing it up and getting it ready to post. I feel very strange having to post it off to someone completely different, knowing I won't see it again for several months. However, I'm looking forward to receiving Cheryl's and am wondering what to stitch for her.

Here are the photos of DS's poppies I meant to post last week. Aren't the colours gorgeous?

4 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous poppies! DS should be proud!

Sue said...

Your RR looks great ;)

Carla said...

Your RR is looking great...I like the eyes on the snowman :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Fantastic poppies! I can't wait for mine to bloom!

Your RR is going to be so lovely!