Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday wobbles

Thanks everyone for all the comments on last week's hats - I really had great fun with them! I think I'll have to make another for a friend of Alexander's who has a birthday in August.

This week I’ve joined the Giant Granny CAL on Sucrette’s blog - I’m calling this my Third Time Lucky blanket!


In October 2010, it looked like this –

The Great Granny Rainbow Hex


Then it grew bigger, but I didn’t like the way it was lying (and who wants to block a giant granny hexagon), so I frogged it and started again. I started again with a slightly different hexagon design, but I didn’t like it either and ripped it out too.

So now, I’m on to the Third Time Lucky! Wonder how big it’ll get this time?

Here’s something else I’ve been doing - Iona really likes these, particularly the pink ones!


Last week’s granny squares have now entered the experimental stage – I’m waiting to see how they work out, and the hairy things are multiplying but still kicking about the car until I decide there are enough of them!



Finally, something momentous has been going on in our house over the last couple of weeks.


She looks extremely wobbly, but she’s actually very good at keeping her balance!


At 13 months, she’s 3 months ahead of her big brother and 5 months ahead of her big sister! She’s just desperate to keep up with everyone else! And now that she’s on the go, she just won’t sit still - it can be really difficult to prepare her meals when she keeps getting up and tottering across the kitchen!

Well done Niamh!