Friday, April 24, 2009

Cute crochet inspiration

If my crafty plans for the weekend work out, then I should have plenty of my own photos to share next week, but nothing's yet at the stage that I'd be ready to share.

I also need to go through all the great comments I had on my last post and draw together some thoughts on that. I need a bit more time and space to do that than I get here at work, so, hopefully again, I'll come up with something over the weekend.

It would be just my luck if nothing got done!

So today, I thought I'd share with you some of my cute crochet inspitation.

Cute crochet mosaic

I really want to make one like little Rosita up there (centre, top row) - I can't get over all that 'hair'!

I was disappointed that this one didn't have the right permissions to appear in the mosaic.


precious baby
Originally uploaded by
saplanet



And of course, as soon as I'd made the mosaic, I realised I'd missed out these too!


Florence - Amigurumi White Bear Originally uploaded by Pepika

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil
Originally uploaded by Chiwaluv Chi's

Some of the patterns for these are available in various places like the designer's blog, website or etsy shop. I've been wondering a bit recently whether I'm just a bit lazy, I mean, it can't be that hard to work out a pattern for something like a lot of these, based, say, on a basic amigurumi bear. But I'm the mug who falls for the designer's original every time and I have to buy yet another pattern!

My biggest problem with these patterns is the yarn. As I'm sure many have said before, and many more will say in future, most American yarn brands aren't available in the UK! Although I did find out today that I can get Lion Brand Yarn in the UK (bit pricey!), I normally try and work out some approximation. But with something like Florence or Rosita, the appearance of the yarn is half the attraction!