Thursday, March 26, 2009

Inspired by Felt!

Felt inspiration

I've been really inspired by felt this week - just look at the above which I found on Flickr! I'd particularly like to show you Kerrin Quall's felt art - it is simply gorgeous!


'Strawberry Sundae' wall art

Sending Kisses closeup

Originally uploaded by Kerrin Quall, a little bit of just because


Aren't they beautiful? When I (eventually) find the time, I'll definately have a go at playing around with felt shapes and sequins.

In the mean time, I'm planning on playing around with felt and sequins anyway! My other sister (not the one who got married last year) is getting married this year and I've offered to make a ring pillow for her too. I was planning on making something from this book but just haven't been feeling particularly enthused at the thought. Then I saw all that felt lovliness and realised I could probably do something quicker and just as nice in felt. Only problem is, guess where the felt is?

And a certain someone has a birthday next month (already!) so I'm planning something girly and felty there too.

And today, I'm actually allowed to show you something I've made recently as Jenna has received her biscornu in the Tiny Treasures Exchange!

Spring flowers


The biscornu is stitched on 28ct yellow checked Graziano linen using a design from the French magazine Mains et Merveilles. I stuck with the charted colour scheme, but changed the flowers to use varigated DMC floss rather than solid colours.

Very cleverly, I managed to completely forget to photograph everything I sent to Jenna, so if you head over to her blog, you can see everything there.



You'll notice that earlier this week I set up Disqus for commenting on my blog after seeing it set up on Chrissie's blog. I really like the way it has the potential to change a casual comment into a conversation and makes it so much easier to respond to comments and keep in touch with commenters!

Off to the shop now to see if I can get hold of a certain magazine!

Edited @ 1.30pm - got it! See page 14 of 'The World of Cross Stitching', issue 150 - it's my Tutti Frutti biscornu!