Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Crochet catch-up with a Big Finish

This isn't exactly what I'd been planning to blog about, but I haven't got round to making the notes about what I wanted to say. And this post means I can keep blogger up to day with the stuff I've been posting on Flickr.

Towards the end of last year I started crocheting lacy motifs for a project. That project then changed and evolved so that many of the motifs weren't needed in the end. So I've been using the motifs for other things.

Such as birthday cards -

Birthday card
Birthday card

Then there's the dreamcatcher mobile-type thingy -

Dreamcatcher mobile
Catching dreams


And the big finish? Well, here's Starflake from Patricia Ann Designs - stitching finished so long ago that I don't have a pic of it on Flickr.

Starflake completed 25 Oct 07

According to Photobucket, it was finished on 25 Oct 2007 and it's been lying around ever since waiting for the inspiration to hit and for me to decide how to finish it off. At varoius points it might have been a pillow, a biscornu or a box top, but none of them seemed quite right.

However, as of the end of last week, it now looks like this!

Starflake Lace

I'm really pleased, not just because it looks nice, but because I've combined crochet and stitching in a way I've been wanting to try for ages. I think I'll be using variations on this kind of finishing again!