Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Amigurumi Army

We are the Amigurumi Army. We hereby assert our independence and announce the formation of the state of Amigurumia. (Yes, we know there aren't many of us, but you can't say we're not ambitious.) All amigurumi are invited to join us.



Let us introduce ourselves to you.

Venerable Smuj - oldest and most respected.
Honourable Pinkie - despite the frivolous appearance, her mind is as sharp as a crochet hook.
Respected Jerry - the so-called hybrid bear-monkee-mouse. Determined to live up to the reputation of his namesake and putative ancestor.
Most brave No-Name - denied the dignity of a proper name.
Valiant Fuzzz - conqueror of Captain Monkeypants. The defeated captain shall have no power over amigurumi.

We also demand the immediate release of our comrade, Chewbacca, currently held hostage in Manchester.


In return, we intend to continue to hold the monkey known as Zero-X1 until we are satisfied of Chewbacca's welfare, or his return to us.


In the mean time, we urge all amigurumi to rise up against the oppressor and join us in our struggle.

Signed

the Amigurumi Army

12 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Thank you so much for my morning smile. Your's was the first blog I read and what a great start to my day.

Julie said...

LOL - i hope youe friend is soon free and sent home!

Kitty said...

:-O Goodness me! I think you need to crochet a submarine or aircraft - and quick! An Amigurumi war could be about to break out! x

Mrs Moog said...

I'd better sew the head on my Amigurumi kitty so she can join the uprising!!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - they're fab! Jerry is definitely my fave though. I'd best not let 007 see this post or he'll send the lads round to free Zero-X1!

:)

ps. It's a very artistic coincidence that the place where Chewy is being held hostage matches your blog beautifully!

Sally said...

LOL! I love this post! It really gave me a much needed giggle!

Anonymous said...

These are great! Love the fuzzy blue guy especially :)

mainely stitching said...

You are seriously pee-the-pants funny!!

Elisa said...

I love them all....lol

Laura said...

Lesley: TAG -- You're IT!
I've just given you the I LOVE YOUR BLOG award. Check my blog for the cute award image and rules....

Anonymous said...

LOL :) That was just too cute :) You have a great sense of humour!

Karin said...

Fantastic work - I hope your little friend is soon set free.