Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The accidental granny

Ummm, I have to confess that over the last week I accidentally started a new giant granny! Square this time rather than hexagonal.


I wanted to make a shawl/blanket for a toy I made recently and still have to share and I decided, as a bit of a stash buster, to use all the odd balls of lilacy-purpley yarn I have in my stash. The problem then, once I did that, was that it turned out too nice just to give to a toy and for playing with.

So it's my new, accidental, giant granny. The problem now is that I'm running pout of some shades of yarn. It's all been in my stash for years. Some of it are odd balls of stuff that came free with magazines, some of it I know what it is, some of it I don't. And given how old it is, it's highly unlikely I'll find anything that matches exactly. So I'm going to see what I can get hold of - some solid colours should be fairly straightforward, the varigated yarns won't be so easy. And then we'll see what happens.


I had a little play around to see what a blanket of my purple granny squares might look like.