Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A bit of catching up

I haven't felt the inclination to blog over the last couple of weeks, having been suffering from a bit of a Flickr obsession. I set up my Photostream there recently and have been spending hours browsing through beautiful crocheted afghans, acquiring even longer to-do and wish lists! If you look in my photostream you'll see a number of items which I haven't blogged about. They're gifts which will or have been sent to fellow bloggers, so until they reach their destination, I'm keeping quiet!

I heard last week that Monique has received the gift I sent her for winning my giveaway!


A felt pincushion, crocheted scissor fob and a crocheted brooch! I'm really glad they've arrived safely and that Monique likes them!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I might find some time for a little stitching, well, here it is, my new start!


Family Sampler from Shepherd's Bush. I wanted to stitch something special to commemorate 2008 and Iona's birth, but not a birth sampler. This way I can include Alexander's birth to as well as me and my DH.

And here's what I sent to my partner, Gayle of Sentimental Stitches, in the Stitcher's Angel Swap. My parcel was posted around a month ago, but I haven't heard whether or not it has arrived - I hope it isn't lost!


Crocheted pincushion, needle book and scissor fob in a matching bowl plus some stitching goodies!

Finally, I had a flash of inspiration at the weekend regarding my Mystery in a Corner from Gay Ann Rogers. I'd rather ground to a halt with this, not entirely happy with my colour scheme. So I think I now know the solution and I'm just waiting for the postman to bring my some more floss, then I'll be into a bit of frogging and then hope to make some good pregress!

Finally (again, and I really think I mean it this time), I'm really behind on my blog reading and even more on commenting. One day I'll catch up ...... But in the meantime, thanks to everyone with the stamina to keep reading my waffling, particularly those who take the time to leave a comment. I really do appreciate it. Blogging has been really great while I've been on maternity leave and keeps me in touch with the wider world and not home alone!

9 comments:

Julie said...

What a wonderful gift you sent, how cool is that!

Paula said...

Your crochet is very pretty.

mainely stitching said...

Wowser, you've been a busy one!!! Lovely projects, each and every one!

Kitty said...

Isn't Flickr a beautiful place full of beautiful pictures? I love your photostream - just been browsing it.

I love the stitching you've started.

x

Kathy A. said...

Your crocheting is really lovely. I love the little bag full of goodies you sent!

Sally said...

Oh wow I love the gift you sent to Monique!

Lovely start on the SB piece.

Cheryl said...

The gifts you have sent are lovely! I have never seen that family smapler before but it is a great choice - i will enjoy watching you stitch it!

Mrs Moog said...

Those are lovely gifts you sent - the little crocheted pincushion is gorgeous and I'm sure the recipient must be very happy with it :-)

Your new sampler looks like it's going to be beautiful.
xxx

Solstitches said...

Hi Lesley,
Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment.
I love this crochet set you made.
Can you give some information on the pattern please?
Is it a pruchased pattern, in a book or free on the net somewhere?
thank you :)
Margaret