Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A tragedy

It was a great shock to I hear on Sunday of the deaths of Colin McRae, Johnny McRae, Ben Porcelli and Graeme Duncan. All came from Lanark, the same small town in Scotland where I was born and grew up. Although I did not know Colin very well, I am fairly sure that I have known members of all the families affected by this tragic accident.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to all the families concerned. I know that the entire town will be deeply affected and that the shock has been felt worldwide. None of their names will be forgotten in a hurry.

I was briefly amused that, unusually, this was the second time in a week that Lanark had made the national news here in the UK. Only a few days earlier, a sheep at Lanark Market was tested for foot and mouth disease. The results of the test were fortunately negative.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Such tragic news, we watched on the TV as it was announced and couldn't believe it.

The blog looks great, what a nice surprise when i logged in

Cheryl said...

Love the blog change!
Yes, what a tragedy eh? So sad. My dad knows Colin's dad

Sally said...

It was a terrible tragedy. So sad for all the families.