The radio today is full of things to do with the end of summer and going back to work after summer holidays, we've just had our end of August bank holiday and now the schools are all going back too. Me - I haven't had a holiday yet, except a couple of days in Scotland 2 - 3 weeks ago. In theory, I'm too busy at work to take the time off. In practice, I have very little I specifically need to do at work, but I really should be around to support others. Yes, there are major changes being implemented at present, but my involvement is peripheral. Can't wait for our new head of dept to start then I can discuss my job issues with her.
Feeling very proud of my son right now, he's ditched the stabilisers and is cycling on two wheels!! Yay!! He's taken to it like a duck to water and, as usual, is absolutely fantastic!
I took photos at the weekens of various stitching wips, but am feeling too apathetic at present to upload them and sort out all my stitching photos as I also have a lot of photos of older pieces I've completed.
For now, here is a list of the things I'm working on -
1. Dinosaurs - 3 down and 1 to go, can't wait to finish!
Aiming to finish asap, end of September at latest.
2. 4 Wishes by Just Nan - photo here - my first piece on linen, started about a week ago.
Aiming to finish by end of October
3. Tiny Rose Mandala by Chatelaine (Martina Webber) - photo here
- my first piece to use silk thread! Started on Sunday.
No planned finish date yet.
4. Bright Skies from HAED - photo here - I want to do this as a really big piece along with Dark Waters, as in the original Selina Fenech artwork. However, I have a horrible feeling it's going to turn into a long term ufo.
Tiny Rose Mandala may or may not turn into a Christmas present, we'll see! I also have a long list of pieces waiting to be started -
1. You're my sunshine by Waxing Moon - I want to do this for my son's birthday at the end of November.
2. Red Velvet by Blue Ribbon Designs - I'm going to do this on 36ct linen using a DMC varigated thread.
3. Christmas presents - perhaps Christmas Joy from Elizabeth's Designs or A Rose for Every Season by Patricia Ann Designs or A Good Vintage by Carol Tinson which I think would be ideal for my neighbours. I want to do 3 of this size of piece as Christmas presents.
4. Biscornus - I'm also signed up for 2 SALs (my first SALs!) starting in September.
It's just hit me too that I should try and stitch a little something special for my Dad's 70th birthday at the end of November - now, what will that be, I wonder?
And now that I've written myself out my my apathetic mood, I'm off to try and find something constructive to do! After all, I am supposed to be working!