Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Coals to Newcastle

or Monkees to Bristol?

I recently sent a couple of crocheted monkees to the very funny ( and younger than me <sniff>) Monkee Maker. From her blog, it looks like they've settled in well.

Here are Maisie and Minnie!

Maisie and Minnie


Aren't they cute? And they look great together! They were crocheted using #8 pearl cotton and a 1mm crochet hook.

Minnie Monkey

I really like Minnie, she's really tiny! I really should make another one but there are far too many new things to try and I've been really enjoying myself with some stitching!

9 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Oh, how ADORABLE!!!!

Kitty said...

Holy Moly - how the heck do you crochet something that small? :-O x

Julie said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! See now I feel bad! Not about being younger than you - natch - but about having Minnie. I'd love to offer her back to you .... but I'm afraid I just can't.

Sorry.

;)

ps. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a 1mm crochet hook - it must be nigh on invisible!!

Jessica said...

Awwwww! I love the little monkeys! They are so sweet! I want one for Kellan...:) Will you make him one sometime? :) How are you? How are the little ones? We have just moved, things are chaotic. Kellan is great! Just got his first tooth. Write when you can... MERRY CHRISTMAS~!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Absolutely adorable!!!

Mary said...

Just darling!
Merry Christmas to you!

Deb said...

What a precious baby thing, Lesley!! Just adorable!! I love all of your monkeys. I also want to thank you for being such a sweet friend this year. I really needed your support in these past months, and you were there cheering me on. I appreciate it so much. Thanks for everything this year. I'm wishing you and your little ones every good thing in 2009.
Love and hugs,
Deb

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

These are just too cute. :)