Friday, June 30, 2006

On the perils of living in England

When I first moved south to live in England, it was only intended as a very short term thing and I intended to hear north again at the forst opportunity. However, 13 years on and I'm still here. And it's not that I haven't tried to 'go home', just that, for various reasons, I haven't been able to escape yet.

Anyway, as far as I can see, the main disadvantage of my living in England is that my 5 year old son believes he's English! And my husband, who is neither Scottish nor English, encourages him! There's even talk of a certain football shirt being bought. However, it's not his fault he was born in England and I suppose the English nanny doesn't help. But there's been nobody English in my family since the first half of the 19th century!

Hugs to Fraser who's having a rough time at the moment.

Dinosaur of the day - hypsilophodon - I love the way the syllables roll around the mouth - very rhythmic!

Link of the day - Tinto

Charts of the day - Selina Fenech charts at HAED

No comments: